Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Scraping When Braking

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  hhcneale67 
#1 ·
Hi
I have an issue that after driving the car for about 30 mins when i break there is a scrapping sound on the rear disks, initially the gargae said it was a warped disk, so they replaced them with new ones, it seemed to work for about a day, then the noise came back, now its as it was before.
so cant be the disks.
its only when the brakes get hot i think, and its like a scrape on 1 revolution and not all the time

Any ideas

#6 ·
Ok so a quick old job then slap um back in they will be ok.. sorry its not my way.. wife thinks I'm obsessive but I know the consequences of a bodge job.. your life depends on them and one of the most important systems on a car and to me it has to done correctly.. I will tell you know I've seen some right old bodge jobs in my time done on family cars to their brakes when I was not let loose on them because I was ill at that time.. get it looked at and next time dont use Bodge it and Leg it.. good luck..

#9 ·
I had that on mine, normally when turning. It turned out to be the pads wear sensor. Bit old skool it is a U-shaped bracket attached to one pad that contacts the disc when the pads have worn, I would have thought new discs would mean new pads, but who knows when someone else has done the work. The same principle is applied front and back.
I had a seized slide on one caliper on the front this made a subtle clonk when braking.
As mentioned I assume you have a receipt that indicates all items replaced that should include pads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.