Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...just having a look through, most postsin the Newbie section gets between 100 and 300 views !!!!

Replies - 2 to 5 !!!!

Everyone knows what the section is for as they`ve probably used it as their first post themselves.

No matter what model the new chaps own it seems wierd that people take the time to view the post without taking 30 seconds to type Hi & welcome.

Probably a pointless post but I`m on nights with no authority to fire the freekin laser so I`m forum scanning tonight.

Please take 5 to say hi to a Newbie...we were all one once lol

·
Registered
543 Posts
it's usually a common thing people taking a looksy and not saying hi , and welcome.

Newbies should be welcomed then they feel at home and
Stay and share useful information with us :)]

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Drakey is always one of the first to welcome newbies and I take me hat off to him.

So I have promoted him to "Meet an Greet man"

Keep up the good work Drakey

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you sir - proud to serve.

I'm a bit of a forum junky with limited knowledge - so a few hellos keeps me out of mischief lol

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,147 Posts
Congrats on your promotion Drakey! Don't letthe extra kudos and paygo to your head.

I agree that to say hi and welcome to a newbie is always good. As alreadymentioned, to post your first message to introduce yourself and then only have a couple of replies may be a bit off putting.
Phil

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still limited response from members welcoming newbies, does seem a shame as this forum is one of the friendliest I've been a part of.

·
Administrator
7,624 Posts
Hi all,
As Drakey says, we are a friendly forum and the Newbie section is mainly new members first point of call.
If we can spare the time just to say 'Welcome' now and again to a new Member in the Newbie section, I'm sure they would appreciate it and help them feel welcome in the forum.
Thanks all
Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
As a Newbie myself (and one that Drakey welcomed) I can confirm that a brief hello is indeed appreciated. But I'm also sure that the situation is common to many other forums too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello from a new newbie

how long do we stay newbies? I've received two PMs and need to be a groupie which I love the thought of haha.
Anyway Big Hi from here in Nottinghamshire where the wind and rain is high. hope you all have a fab day

1 - 13 of 13 Posts