Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an early start on Monday and was going down the M1 at 4:50 am just before junction 25 I went past an odd looking Kia, then I realised, it's the new shape Rio!

Not seen any for sale yet, wonder if it was being driven to a car show?
Edited by: M4trundler

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not making it up, I really did see it, a white one...wish I'd slowed down and got my camera out now! Maybe it was being road tested or something in the middle of the night when there would be few people around. It was only doing about 60 when I went past it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Probably did, some kia peeps get new ones to try a few months before hand, was at kia tech centre many moons ago, one of the guys was driving a then new carens, about 9 months before the UK saw it.
Saw the optima in december, lovely car.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
davy said:
I did I did see a pussthy cat I did.
Aye and it was getting 70mpg
or so Kia says.

He probably was getting 70 mpg going that slowly, lol!!!

Good to see you back Davy...you've been quiet for a while.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yeh been busy playing with my new toy its a Hayabusa 1300 motorbike. 195bhp engine but the sods restricted the top speed of it to 186mph/300kmh. I was hoping to see 200mph
. The acceleration is awesome, really amazing how quick it is.
Here's a pic

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like it Davy, would you be interested in a swap for a Suzuki Splash. !!. Don`t be too hard on the knee sliders. !!.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice...my boss has an orange one. The acceleration is lethal, especially in the wet or on ice, although the biggest problem he's had so far is the engine cut off switch on the handle bars. He knocked it by accident when going around a corner. The engine stopped and the back wheel locked up. The bike fell over and it took a couple of bystanders to help him get the bike up again. Luckily he was going slowly at the time, but it made a mess of the bodywork.

Nice shed too BTW!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Thanks M4, Thats no shed thats the wifes hoos

Yeh the acceleration is mental. I really like the bike.
Eyebee I need knee sliders even when I'm on my van. I got out the van this morning at one of my shops and slipped on gravel and ripped my effin knee open and grazed my elbow
. Tomorrow I will be wearing my bike leathers and helmet on my delivery run just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
davy said:
Thanks M4, Thats no shed thats the wifes hoos

Yeh the acceleration is mental. I really like the bike.
Eyebee I need knee sliders even when I'm on my van. I got out the van this morning at one of my shops and slipped on gravel and ripped my effin knee open and grazed my elbow
. Tomorrow I will be wearing my bike leathers and helmet on my delivery run just to be on the safe side.

Sure that's not the man kennel? lol!!!

Ouch, sounds like the thing I might do!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts