Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have been told by Kia UK that if they get endless emails regarding how crap the Satnav unit is for the price we are paying, that KIA group will have to act. Lets all just bombard Kia with our disappointment with this unit and the lack of 7 didgit postcode no 3d mapping etc. Hopefully they will take note and release some updates. If we dont try then will get no where.
Thanks all

Steve69

·
Registered
5 Posts
I note that a few members are saying that an update is coming, will Kia be getting in touch automatically about this or will we need to keep trawling the Internet ?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I read on another forum that there is an update out in europe version 5.1.3, and new cars already have this, it has to be done at the dealers and prob like all other software updates its done when the car goes for service unless you ask for them as I did for the steering update I then got told there were 2 or 3 more up dates .

·
Registered
451 Posts
I take it you mean website address cambo, which is http://www.kia-forums.com. go to sportage forum then 3g 2011+ sportageand the thread is european navigation L G system update 5.1.3 , I hope this is what your looking for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is still NO available update in the UK,yes we all want and are waiting for this USB but yes spoke to a guy at kiaNetherlandsthe update there is forEuropeonly. Yes we are inEuropealso, but again i meanEuropeNOT THE UK,theUKversion will be adifferentfirmware update,but as of today no dates or time,if it is like my last car ,that took 2 years and i never saw it.The only way forward is to kick off with the dealer so they log theissuewith Kia,if you phone Kia direct they FOB you offstatingthey are aware of the issue butdon'tknow what or when this will happen,BUT THEY STILL SELL US THE CARS.speak to each other and complain demand compensation ,refund of the unit£2000 stick together they sell to us with known faults thats fraud.

·
Registered
140 Posts
"they sell to us with known faults that's fraud"

If the unit is faulty it will be put right under warranty - the real problem is that the unit is garbage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with what you say the problem is all the navs are faulty,and cannot be repaired ,the reason for everybody'sanger is the fact that kia admit the item is faulty,and are still selling the cars and charging customers for the 3 nav system,that is £2000 pound on top of the car price,THAT IS FRAUD.Yes we all have Kia 7 year warranty but it is no good as you state against a garbage faulty unit that cannot be repaired.Kia should replace all the units with a new unit not the faulty LG

·
Registered
140 Posts
If the unit is FAULTY it will be
put right/replaced under warranty - there was no warranty against buying a GARBAGE system.

·
Registered
38 Posts
CuriousOrange, how dose one get that screen up on the nav unit displaying the software info etc.cambo.

·
Registered
84 Posts
CuriousOrange/Ellovich when i press the info button on the nav screen the street i am on only comes up and not the software info, any ideas?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts