Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi…just had a satnav software update on my 2017 Picanto and there does not appear to be an option to change the country I am driving in as there was on the original setting. I am going to France and I am unsure if the satnav would automatically change to french roads. Don’t want to find out when I arrive across the channel.
Any advice greatly appreciated. Hope I am not missing something very obvious !!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hi…just had a satnav software update on my 2017 Picanto and there does not appear to be an option to change the country I am driving in as there was on the original setting. I am going to France and I am unsure if the satnav would automatically change to french roads. Don’t want to find out when I arrive across the channel.
Any advice greatly appreciated. Hope I am not missing something very obvious !!
If your Satnav accepts your destination then it’s reasonable to assume that it will have all the maps you need. Enter your destination, drive round the block and STOP. Your Satnav should default to displaying your entire route until you move off again. Or as @iooi says, use Google Maps or Waze

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,963 Posts
Thanks guys….entered my destination in France and the route/distance came up so I think I’m good to go.
You might want to check if you should turn speed camera warnings off. The last time I was in France "les flics" were checking GB cars coming off the ferries and issuing warnings if "cameras" were turned on. It was, at that time, illegal to have your satnav warn you that you had (inadvertently overstepped the speed limit!

Reactions: Radiorail

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
You might want to check if you should turn speed camera warnings off. The last time I was in France "les flics" were checking GB cars coming off the ferries and issuing warnings if "cameras" were turned on. It was, at that time, illegal to have your satnav warn you that you had (inadvertently overstepped the speed limit!
Strictly speaking that is true, speed camera detection/warning was banned in 2012 in France. However various organisation's lobbied the government and the law was altered. Sat nav system can now warn of a danger zone that may contain a camera. The zones can be anything from 300m to 4km depending on the road type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.