Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a late 2017 Venga that has an awfull satnav, Is there an upgrade ?and what changes?.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The maps are out of date. There are new roads from two years ago still not shown, more importantly the speed limits are wrong in many places now where they have been lowered. Updates are £25 at your dealer.

However, that said, I have no difficulty using it, there are three different map view modes in 2D and 3D plus a half screen compass display. The junction detail display works and you can turn the sound down to nothing if you want.
I tend to use the map as is, having been brought up on 1 inch OS maps and used map books for many years before satnav was invented. But I understand that the live 3D view is preferred by younger drivers.

One note: if your battery is disconnected or you have an update you will need to check all the route preferences. I once did an involuntary tour of many Yorkshire villages after an update. Later found all the options off. ie Set to avoid tolls, ferries, main roads, motorways, everything.

The journey time per optional route chosen is fairly accurate, though it is best to turn the wi-fi on if you have a mobile hotspot or your phone can serve. I have Huawei hotspot, looks like a bar of soap, with an O2 classic PAYG sim, the system uses very little data. With the wi-fi on the speed cameras are shown or can be added if new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts