Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Can anyone help please? I had a recall from Kia in December for a software upgrade on the SatNav. They used a USB memory stick which took 2 hours to download. It did the Bluetooth upgrade from 1.5.0 to new version 2.6.8, system software from 5.0.1 to 5.1.3, firmware from 1.3.9 to 1.4.1 but they did not put in the map update. I still have the current version 309E79D of the map but the new version is 310E7A2. I went back to the Kia dealer who did the update and queried this and they told me that Kia did not do map upgrades.

If you had this recall, can you please check in your Sat Nav to see if you got the map update. I thought I'd check this first before contacting Kia Head Office.

Regards

Storm

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Pre & Post Update.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Personally, I'd be very surprised by a free map update.
Chrysler for instance wanted to charge me £280

·
Registered
52 Posts
any kia bought from 2012 as far as i know have old maps installed on their sat nav's and kia do not check to make sure.thats up to 63 plate's as well.
you pay heaps of money and treat yourself only to find the the maps are years out of date,poor very poor from kia.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The re-call didnt include a map update. The map updates are supplied by navteq but they are around £150 and sent via a USB stick.
There is a further update to what you have and is available via Navteq's website which I think does include a small map update but mainly its software/firmware related.

Here is a link to do the update yourself, bear in mind at least a 2GB blankUSB stick is needed.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-KiaEMEA-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?Page=SupportPage3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts