Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

Just bought a 1.6 T-GDI 4 AWD Auto (69 plate) and I'm sure will have many questions along the way! 馃

My first being the SatNav. The model I currently have installed is QLBS-S5ALN.EU. The 10th letter of my VIN is 'L' which I believe is a MY20. I'm looking to update the software myself, but when I checked the SatNav model number via the Auto Update which I downloaded from the website, it shows an update for a MY18.

Question is, should I update my MY20 software even though it shows Sportage M18 on the updater?

Apologies for the story! 馃檮

Super Moderator
The MY18 on the Navigation Update pages refers to the year the car had a major specification change, not the car manufacture year. My car is 2020 but the update is MY18. If you try the MY20 it will fail.
That is why I would always enter the software number from your head unit into the Navigation Software Updater.

Reactions: Yippie-KIA-Yay

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh, right. So my current software version is QL_PE.EUR.SOP.011.2.210524.STD_M. From what I see on the website list, there is a later MY18 version: QL_PE.EUR.SOP.013.6.220519.STD_M.

I'll check the Updater later when I get to my lappy.

Thanks for the info! 馃憤

Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
My slack nag works fine. It was in the car (2019 4 Tgdi awd dct) when I bought it and will be in when I sell it.
It works fine and has none of the update issues that are reported elsewhere.
I refuse to 'mend' something that isn't broken. Software version? No idea. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the info. Have "further" questions please, if I may. On the SD card in the SatNav, it says Navigation Map Only. So am I correct in saying that map updates is separate to software updates and I should use a USB for the software update? Or does a software update also include maps as well? Thanks again.

Super Moderator
No.
You only need a SD card (make sure it is fast enough & big enough). Your SD card stays in the head unit & has the maps stored on it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No.
You only need a SD card (make sure it is fast enough & big enough). Your SD card stays in the head unit & has the maps stored on it.

Thank you for the info. Link was informative. 馃憤

Super Moderator
Meant to say thank you for this, but still getting used to "Quotes" and "Reply" lol! 馃憤
Welcome to the club..
This software is backwards.. But there again it is from the wrong side of the pond :whistle:
Just hit reply & it "Quotes" the post you are "Replying" Too 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I took the SD card from the vehicle, placed it in the laptop and downloaded the contents into a folder for safekeeping. Then I downloaded Kia Auto Updater software and followed the prompts. It detected the current software version from the card and automatically chose the most recent version and uploaded the data to the card. A good 26gb worth! Took SD card to car, placed in slot, started car and 20 mins later all done.

Thank you all for your input on this. :cool:

Now preparing my next post to find out why DAB is so sh........ intermittent! o_O

Registered
Sportage, 2019, ISG4
Have read loads of comments today about updating the satnav.
There are 2 road changes near me one of which the local dealer says is in the latest update (the road has been open 2 yrs). I'm not holding out hopes of the road that's been open a month!
However it seems that the latest software means I will lose out on auto traffic allerts via the radio and that the changed colour scheme is not to everyone's liking either;
Maybe I'll stick with what I've got for a while :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts