Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to mute the voice directions on the satnav?
I like having the screen and instructions but without it interupting the music I'm listening to.

I can adjust the volume whenit is speaking but it only ever goes down to vol level 5.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes - settings/audio/volume or something similar - check your settings - should be in the manual too

·
Registered
216 Posts
go to setting, then audio. just turn off nav audio in that mode

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.
I had tried this but was setting it before using the satnav and it looks like it defaults back to on everytime you use the satnav.
Is there anyway to keep the nagging turned off by default or do you have to select the destination and start guidance first before switchin gthe volume off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
DragonFlanker said:
Thanks.
I had tried this but was setting it before using the satnav and it looks like it defaults back to on everytime you use the satnav.
Is there anyway to keep the nagging turned off by default?

I'm finding this too.

You gotta be able to switch it OFF as default then on if required (which it never ever will be!!)

·
Registered
30 Posts
If i am not mistaken the nav app running is igo8.. in the nav app, try looking for the settings, voice etc under audio. u can probably switch it off there and should stay off as default. I do not have my car yet to be able to confirm this, but i have had one too many Gps devices running igo8, and its will default to on with the audio if u only try to switch it off on the device main menu, but if u do it in the igo settings, then i should work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts