Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having quite a big problem with my pro-ceed 4. The sat nav has been like it for nearly a month now. It happened on a journey where thankfully i knew my way...Forgot about it, then went back to it this morning and the problem still exists.
Pretty much the satNav is 28miles out! What i've noticed is that its thinking the front of the car..is the back! I've done a factory reset on the head unit (although i'm 99% sure this only changes prefrences) Checked the aerial and all it good. Even though i live in the countryside i drove out into a nice open area, and turned on and off the ignition to try reset it, waiting 10mins at a time to try regain GPS signal. But still to no sollution. I dont really want to remove the battery terminal to try a full reset.

Just wondered if anyone else has come across this problem, either in the ceed/pro/sportage or other models fitted with sat nav?
Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
326 Posts
Only used mine once and it was great , however I could not stop it navigating without turning the head unit off which annoyed me a bit as I just wanted to carry on listening to music but turn off the nav but I couldn't !!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the problems finally getting alook at. Kia technical have asked the dealer to try an update (so all you pro_ceed 4 owners out there...theres an update!) and if that doesnt solve the issue then its a new head unit. Kia were reluctant to send one out right away @ £2000 each apparently.

Also with the drifting to the left problem...kia Tech want a full inspection of the rear suspension. Common sence says you have a look alround, but the fact they pin pointed the rear as a problem and not the front says to me they know they have a problem. Heck if you look on here and the ceed section i could tell them that....Fingers crossed all will be sorted in due corse

·
Registered
7 Posts
Richie,

I pick up my Pro_Ceed 4 next week, so it would interesting to know if your Sat Nav Problems are resolved now with the software update? Also would be good to know how this touchscreen unit works in practice, i.e. the rear reversing camera, accesing music from a USB/iPhone etc. I've only driven the Pro_Ceed 3, the 4 is being shipped in direct from Kia to my dealer, so I'm taking a punt that I really like it!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi Bushman, I have a Pro_ceed 4 . Not really used the sat nav , but can comment on the other features . The reversing camera is actually pretty good as long as it's kept clean , gets really dirty when roads are bad in winter which affects the clarity . I use a usb stick to listen to music and it's great , you can scroll through track listings to pick them or do what i usually do and have them on random . I've never bothered to sync my phone either as I don't beleive in using phones at allwhile driving. Touch screen dead easy to use , never got the book with mine (9 months old)but managed to use it ok . I have asked for a book last week when in for service .

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, picked it back up on Saturday and Kia technical had produced ALOT of things for the dealer to try to no resolve. So it's a new head unit for me even after an update. Right now my cars still thinks its 30miles out to sea in the Wash. The dealer is so determined to get to the bottom of the steering issues there ordering another proceed for comparison as everything was within tolerances. Sat nav's great though. Sometimes hard to see in bright sunlight or when the camera has the sun beaming directly on it but it is so fantastic at getting in REALLY tight spots i can cut it some slack. I've uploaded and used my phone on the car on the driveway but never have my Bluetooth on (save battery) anyway so can't say what it's like to use while driving as I turn my phone on silent usually. Personaly I think the sound qualitys quite good, touch screens ok as long as you don't go bashing away quickly as its a resistive touchscreen (squishy feeling one) but other than that yeah it's brill. REALLY like how the nav goes from daytime to nighttime mode when you put your headlights on...nice little touch. Only real thing I dislike about it is that the link cable is the wrong way round..I always go to plug it in label up and you have to turn it over...silly little thing but anoying.Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi richie,,,,, my ceed sat nav is doing exactly the same as yours and it started the fault this week,,, it thinks the car is like 15 miles away from where it actually is

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How old is your car? Mine started to happen a little over a month after I picked it up. It seams Kia technical haven't a clue what's causing the problem. It's an issue that they are aware off now but other than a new head unit there doesn't seam to be an easy fix. Before taking it to the dealer I tried the factory reset on the satnav. Then removed a battery terminal for 10mins and replaced to see if it would hard reset....nothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi had my car in november, all was good with the sat nav until this week when it started not to work properly, done the disconnected battery and pulled the fuse,,, factory rest, nothing makes it better, i do work at a kia dealership, so it will be getting looked at very soon, but i think it will need a complete new media unit, 46 mpg after 3000 miles, hows your doing

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
46! Your doing well. Was only getting 39mpg up untill last week when a new ECU upgrade. 49mpg now BUT that's me driving very carefully and doing more motorway work. Done 2600miles so far

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well pleased to say Richie that my Pro_Ceed 4 Sat Nav does not seem to have the same problem as yours (so far
), though disappointed that it has no traffic integration, so thinks I can get round my leg of the M25 in 30 minutes!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Makes me glad I didn't get suduced into going for the new 4 spec version of mine just for the main lure of the screen in the centre of the dash.

This is exactly why I stuck with the trusted TomTom, a fraction of the price, connect it up when you need it (most of the time I don't need it anyhow), easy to update yourself and when it gets too out of date simply by a new unit and you are still financially better off than having paid over the odds for an integrated satnav.

Most people I know moan about their integrated satnav in their Audi, Volvo, BMW etc - from being too complicated to use, needing updates or simply not finding their way very well. Gadgets are supposed to make life easier, if they exist purely for gadgets sake and over complicate a task then in my book they fail!

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
7 Posts
Micman, agree that the built in Satnav's are not great as they soon get out of date. I actually love the touchscreen on the 4 through, it's great with my iPhone, all of the contacts are shown, all playlists are easy to navigate and the wife likes the rear view camera. I'm not using the Natnav, preferring the free Waze App, which has TomTom Live type real time traffic but without the subscriptions.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi Baza fellow Stokie ! How do you find out what version you have ?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
micman said:
still financially better off than having paid over the odds for an integrated satnav.
I only paid £500 over the price of the "3" so I don't think it's to much considering everything else you get. And the camera is invaluable once you've started using it. In all the time I've had the car I've only ever played with the satnav and never really needed it, it's just one of those things that you want to work regardless of if I use it. At least when the new ones fitted its updated with the newest software.

I know £145 seams a lot but when you think a typical portable satnav costs less than £15 to make its evident all the softwere is where the cost is involved. If you think of how long it must take to update new roads/speed limits/ one way systems/ speed camera placement ect. And they you have to proof check it to ensure its correct and not corrupt. Personaly I'll wait a year or two and then see if anyone wants to chip in and buy one. It's only a USB stick and no doubt can be used over and over. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks Baza , I have E7A2 too .

1 - 20 of 58 Posts