Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Welcome to the forum, 'Caddy3'.

My first thought is the navigation settings menu. Have you got anything there selected (or not selected) that might prevent the system from using motorways?

I can't remember, sitting here without access to the information, what the various settings are but you can check for yourself, if you haven't already. Is this a new problem? Is the car new to you? Is the software original or has it been updated? Although I'm not familiar with your model, I imagine it is probably equipped with the 'Here', formerly 'Navteq', satnav system and is too old to be equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. That said, it should pick up motorways ok so you need to check the settings first.

Beyond that, perhaps another forum member, familiar with your model, may be able to shed light on the matter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sat navs work by using Global Positioning System (GPS) satellite receivers to calculate your position on earth, which then pinpoint your position to within 10 metres. This is then aligned with up-to-date stored digital maps, so you can see your positioning on a digital road map on-screen.

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
Re above.
I think that the Op is talking about route planning where the software is ignoring Motorways. Which I'm pretty sure was a option in older software.
But without knowing exactly when the sat nav was last updated it's hard to say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts