Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi members, IM a newbie to the club but a long time owner of a Sorento Ex 2.5 Diesel. Ibought the beast new in 2006, had 4k knocked off for having an 05 registration, good start. She has done close to 55000 miles with service done at little family owned garage, no dealership involved. since new she has had one set of tyres, had new Avons fitted quieter running. New set of wiper blades, and thats it. She pulls a twin axle Bessacar caravan weight nearly 2 tons, mpg 25, without the van I once managed 40 to the gallon.I did a bit of research and found that this model was built in europe by Mercedes For Kia, she has amerc engine and a borg warner gear and transfer box, dont know if this is unusual. I have owned many cars VW SPAM v6, Porsche 944, to name just 2, but have never felt affection for one untill the Beast came along, she is magic and I will not part with her untill I cant tow the caravan anymore, and then it will be a Ceed Estate Diesel. One thing I forgot I have had the front brakes relined, and the knob on the gear lever came off just as it did for Clarkson, cured with super glue. She stands for three months in the winter while Im away in the sun and always starts first time. One bit of advice I would give Is spend the money and put the best synthetic oil in the engine. Thanks for reading my waffeling, good luck to all you Sorento owners.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts