Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Just bought 07 Sorento with 19700 miles on the clock. It has aVDO Dayton 4300 sat nav installed previos owner said he did not use it. Appears to function okbut it will not accept a full UK postcode after entering a couple of letters and numbers it goes into street selection which is not a lot of good when you only have a postcode to work on.
Anybody any ideas please.

Labman

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Labman,I'm in exactly the same situation - the satnav had clearly never been used. Works perfectly well but only on addresses. It isn't interested in postcodes. Hope you're enjoying your Sorento as much as I am.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all, My system is the same as yours I even printed the Satnav manual from the net, (some 70 pages) to get to the bottom of this, but to no avail. gave up on it in the end and I have a Navman on a bracket I have made on the dashboard now.Best way around the problem.A waste of time fitting them when no one can understand them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Murphwiz is right - you have to type in an address, it doesn't recognise post codes. I've only a few weeks' experience of it but it worked well - more-accurately, I think, than my Navman.If the garage ever gets the front axle back on the car, I look forward to using it more....................
The only snag with the satnav is that there seems to be no way of updating the info on the disc since Siemens closed down that division. Does anyone know if updates are available, or if other discs are compatible with the system?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have another question on the same sat nav that I have in my 2006 XT - basically everything was working fine until the turn of the new year (even with the pain of the system not using the full post code) but since the new year the sat nav part of the stereo unit is saying that there area number of faults detected. I have tried to log on to the internet using the web address the unit gives and also tried the phone number that is provided by neither are available or not recognised.
Isanyone able to help and point me in the right direction to get the sat nav problems fixed

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts