Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi if anyone has been asking about the Kia Sortage Satnav map updates and postcode update i have had a phone call by Kia HQ UK. They have told me that there will be map updates coming around september on their website. Regarding 7 didgit postcode update they have said that at the moment there is no update programmed. But they are forwarding all complaints to the development team & are hoping they will get the message and sort out a firmware update. One thing you can do is use longatude & latitude which is more accurate than a post code for now. Hope this helps some people.

Steve

·
Registered
260 Posts
Cheers for the update but updates are well overdue right now. September? A year after launch! Toyota or Honda would be way beyond that.

The satnav needs mire than just map updates. Postcodes are a joke but no speed cameras??? Cmon this is bog standard. And I had to laugh about the longitude and latitude, do you put that on your assess instead of your postcode?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Listeni agree with what you say about the updates etc, just wanted to let people no what Kia had said !!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Steve 69
Bought my sportage from new in September.

Having discovered it only has 4 digit postcodes I contacted Kia head office to complain.

They said this was the first complaint they have had on this subject!!

Having read through all these threads I now know they were fibbing.

Is it worth going back to them for an update - might be worth telling them to read through these threads to get a taste of how many customers are unhappy plus how many customers they are losing out to.

kind regards

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts