Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
No you haven't done anything wrong, there is a bug with the speed limit reading, as a consequence the readout displays --- there are threads on this subject on the forum.
There is a lonnnnnnnng thread on the subject here.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
841 Posts
Fingers crossed but we all wait in hope for an update which we are told ‘will’ fix this issue along with a few other issues caused by latest update sometime in April. Hopefully won’t be long now but no idea when in April it’s due out.

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
476 Posts
Now we are in April I've been checking each day, though do feel I'll be Disappointed in either the time frame or what is in it, so trying not to get my hopes up. I've had 2 months ownership of it working and 6 months of the broken update.

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
Gent's, when Kia say 'coming April' what they probably mean is anytime after April. o_O As I've said before, previous to the DIY debacle, the release dates were April to June, and more often than not it was nearer June than April. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
209 Posts
A computer.
This website.

Depending on year of car, a 32gb SD card or a USB stick.
If you have slot under the screen saying map SD then it will be a SD card.
Have to download the installer to computer. Best idea is to find the current software number on your car.
Press the settings button on dashboard for 3 seconds and make a note of it.
Type this into the installer and it will download the correct software. Ensure the SD card is in computer.
Place card in car and it will update.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello just checked it and this is the info can u tell if this is the latest version or not
Device id 30A9DE345B9D
Software ver QL.EU.SOP.20.205
Filmware ver QL.EU.SOP.20.140
Nav app ver QL.EU.SOP.13.51.58
Map ver EUR.13.46.45.001.001 (D.GO)
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
209 Posts
Looking at the following chart.

There is a newer software version. QL.EU.SOP.20.211
I'm guessing yours is a 2016 model.
Not sure if you have any problems with the common speed camera issues but we are still waiting for updates on that to sort it.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep is the 2016 model and yes the speed limit issue I payed Kia £40 to update this 3 months ago but nothing changed why get a new card just in case something goes wrong
And thanks by the way

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
841 Posts
Is the 32gig big enough
Yea 32gb is what is recommended. I believe any bigger can cause issues and any smaller won’t be a big enough card so go with 32gb.

to be honest, I just use the card out the car whichis fine for me. I back the maps up to computer first but once the update starts anyway. You wouldn’t be able to revert to the old software/maps anyway but up to personal preference as to whether you want to get a second card and use as backup.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Yep is the 2016 model and yes the speed limit issue I payed Kia £40 to update this 3 months ago but nothing changed why get a new card just in case something goes wrong
And thanks by the way
New car is a just in case it messes up you still have the old one. Not that we get that happening. More of a belt & braces approach.

32 gig will be more than enough. When you look at picture 2. Data size is 11 GB.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Now we are in April I've been checking each day, though do feel I'll be Disappointed in either the time frame or what is in it, so trying not to get my hopes up. I've had 2 months ownership of it working and 6 months of the broken update.
The thing is what 'April'. They didn't say what year.:oops:

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
The April that reads June... 🥴
Crazy.

Which is very much like the number of people who have looked at the notifications, on the update site.
I wonder how many of them are mine? Given how often I go in to check for any changes 🤣

1 - 20 of 30 Posts