Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia have released a bulletin regarding sat nav update, they are sending all dealers a usb stick for the update, bulletin came out today but usb drives have yet to arrive at dealers so don't moan to much at your dealer just yet!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes give your dealer a call, there is a bulletin, from experience not all dealers read them, it's a 1.5 hour upgrade with 4gb of data to transfer, so have to assume system and maps, iirc all cars built before june2011 can have this done.

·
Registered
296 Posts
iv had it for a few weeks and if its the same as this then no map update bBluetooth. 2.6.8
Firmware 1.4.1
System software 5.1.3
Map 309e7a2
can any one confirm if this is the same up date i downloaded it from the other site

·
Registered
4 Posts
murphwiz said:
Yes give your dealer a call, there is a bulletin, from experience not all dealers read them, it's a 1.5 hour upgrade with 4gb of data to transfer, so have to assume system and maps, iirc all cars built before june2011 can have this done.

Murphwiz:
I just spoke to Kia Customer Services and after some searching aroound, the guy said they were not aware of an update. He asked me for the TSB identity but obviously I couldn't give it. Can you give the TSB number please and I will get back to him

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is exactly the same update that the rest of Europe got a couple months back. There are no map updates as this is done via Navteq, and they have just categorically stated that map updates for KIA aren't due until further notice.

For me personally, all this update fixes is a compatibility issue with my iPhone 4 so I can actually stream music via bluetooth, but the connection is very poor and the music has a lot of noise over it. Thankfully having just updated to the developers version of iOS 5 (due out for general release on Friday) this issue no longer exists so I can finally listen to music with the cable...but that track info on the screen doesn't update when the track moves on, or you skip on, but it does update if you select a different track on the phone itself.

Apart from that all the bugs and issues we have all come to know still exist. The system performance is no better, still as slow as hell. No improvement on the Sat Nav side of things either, with issues like full postcode entry, no traffic alerts, and poor POI and general navigation instructions, still existing.

This is very poor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All
Lo and behold, after querying the Satnav update for June 2011 built KX3 Sportage yesterday, my dealer called me this morning and I had the update installed this afternoon!
It installed:
Software v. 5.1.3 (from 5.0.1)
Firmware v. 1.4.1 (from 1.3.8)
Map: 3093E7A2 (from 309E769D)
Bluetooth v. 2.6.8 (from 1.5.0)

It did not address the contentious Postcode issue. What I did notice is that Bluetooth paired with my iPod Touch and my iPhone 4 faster than with the old versions of the software. BT also found several Nokia Smartphones in a carpark I was in!
The in car LG box will not display my Touch and iPhone playlists via BT - only with the cable connected.
The female voice on the Nav side is now not so harsh and there appears to be some changes in the vocabulary when instructing.
The overall sound quality has improved. I think the default volume setting has been increased.
The update (which took nearly 2 hours to install by USB stick) was at no cost to me - dealer is covered under the warranty through instructions in the TSB.

Murphwiz: thanks for providing the TSB identity.

It may be interesting to hear from updaters on the performance of the new software.

Regards

·
Registered
38 Posts
Taking my CDRI Sat nav in for this update on Monday, are there any more updates that are now available for the car, ie engine management etc that I should ask for.

·
Registered
30 Posts
read this from another forum, thought abt sharing it here: Quoting the member from the other forum:

Today Dutch KIA Forum received a message from KiaMNL

<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div ="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<t><tr>
<td ="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

Just got in from KiaMNL: 02 november 2011 16:00 gmt

The new maps for the LG navigation systems are for sale beginning 14 November 2011 at the Kia dealer and repairer.

At that date more information about this can be found on Kia Navigatiesystemen.

It took a long time, so we decided to offer the update at a greatly reduced price.

The normal price is ‚¬ 169, - incl. Until 31 december 2011 the update will cost ‚¬ 119, -. So almost 30% cheaper!

Note: The offer ends on 31 december 2011 and is unique. We hope that
everyone who has waited a long time can appreciate the gesture.

Regards / Kind regards,

Kia Motors Netherlands BV

</td>
</tr>
</t></table>

I do not have to tell you how some people react, who just bought the car.

Warning for the MAP Update in your country could be the normal price ‚¬ 169,00 .

So there is hope and disappointment for all those owners who have a KIA LG navigation system.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts