Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Sat Nav travel Congestion notifications

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  belgrave 
#1 ·
Does anybody know how to see travel congestion/accidents on UK Kia Sportage 2011 sat nav? can't seem to find it anywhere, just says 'not available'

#3 ·
I spent hours on the phone to Kia head office.

Kia did not and have no intention of buying the national licience to use this function. they have also done it so we cant buy our own. The lady at Kia head office said, the more people that complain the more they can send to Korea to make them do it.

However if any computer wiz can crack it in the windows side of the system and take the block off then let us all know. If anyone wants a try and needs to know how to get to the windows CE desktop on it let me know.

shaun.

#5 ·
I would love to know where they "Quite Clearly" say its not avaiable. Especially as it is available in all other countries apart from the UK and supplied for free. in uk models it is on the sat nav but blocked. I have spoken with the manufactures and Kia and they have said it was specifically locked out on UK models as it has licence fee payable but Kia also stopped us buying a seperate licience.

Non of the Litrature i have or been directed to say it is not available and you dont know until you have the car and the option on the "Traffic" tab on the maps then says "Not available.

#6 ·
I was advised by KIA through their local dealership of the full (woeful) spec of the SAT NAV on the KX3 - I opted for an FE and fitted a stand alone SAT NAV that is now also used for telephone communications as the KIA bluetooth is exceptionally unreliable. These things aside the car is terrific !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.