Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just purchased a 2014 sat nav/radio head unit from a gt tech (My 14 gt model didn't come with it as not a tech ) just wondering is it a simple switch over from standard radio unit to the sat nav one and could we do it ourselves or would it be an auto spark job.

Interested to hear if anyone else has done this and how they got on any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ciara

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm not sure, I'm guessing it should just slide right in without too many issues? I'd like to know myself as it was something I was planning on doing... or it was until I seen people complain about how crap the head unit is haha.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
973 Posts
Do you have the just the head unit? Presumably you'll need the different facia panel as well, or did that come with it? Also, being a non GT Tech, does yours have the key start on the steering column? The (one piece) facia panel on my GT Tech includes a starter button.

I can't comment on how good the head unit is, it's not something I'm that bothered about, but I can confirm I can stream Spotify via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a complete unit fascia is included. I have a key start yes, does that affect the head unit 🤔 it looks simple enough to wire in as it only has 3 wiring looms to plug in .

Oh brillant that's what I wanted thanks for that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found out the fascia didn't come with it when fitting it ooooops lol it's on its way though so that's got me thinking would I need the GPS antenna? If so do you know which one I need O can sends pics of the stereo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a quick update if anyone is interested.....so got the unit fitted which looks good alot better than the original one. Having some issues however, I have lost my steering controls and the Bluetooth and sat Nav don't work either. I think the Bluetooth should be a quick fix could be missing microphone wiring as I can hear ringing and other people they just can't hear me. Anyone any ideas how I can fix these issues?

TIA
Ciara

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the gt tech unit I have just a standard gt which comes with tiny unit and no nav lol

I did get another antenna for GPS and slotted it inside the car the maps are showing up ok but the navigation function doesn't work for when I'm driving will look into the connector kit thanks for info 👍😊

·
Super Moderator
3,406 Posts
Just a thought are the steering wheel controls (buttons etc.) the same on both models? On the Sportage you need a steering wheel change on some models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.