Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just taken delivery of a 2017 Sorento kx3. Starting to work through the manual to find all the gizmos! One question I have is on the SatNav, I have used Garmins for years on cars, motorbikes and motorhome never had a built in one, what is the kia one based on I think Tomtom? Is it possible to upload waypoint files?
Ian

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,163 Posts
The maps are Here Mapping and the live traffic services (via a hotspot on your phone) are TomTom. There are any number of owners who dislike the sat nav, preferring to use Android Auto/Apple Carplay, but I've used the sat nav in the UK and Europe and had no major issues other than it does pick some strange routes occasionally.
By way points I assume you mean a route, to be honest I don't know, it's not something I've tried. You can load your own points of interest of a USB memory stick, the manual explains the process.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would forget the built in Sat Nav and just use either Apple Carplay or Android Auto. The maps aren't that great and the routing even worse. With Carplay/Auto solution you can just install the app that suits your needs best and use that on the Sorento's screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info I'll look into Android Auto. I can't find anything I the manual about loading POI from a a USB stick. The traffic info instructions doesn't mention anything about using the phone it appears to be built in. So maybe there different Satnav systems.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,163 Posts
Thanks for the info I'll look into Android Auto. I can't find anything I the manual about loading POI from a a USB stick. The traffic info instructions doesn't mention anything about using the phone it appears to be built in. So maybe there different Satnav systems.
Apologies I thought 2017 Sportage and Sorento were the same head units.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I've just bought a 2019 KX2 auto (pre reg) the sat nav will not accept the sd card (the card was still in the packet) could anyone confirm I have the correct card. Thanks in advance Memory card Flash memory Electronic device Technology Computer data storage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts