Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of an e-Niro at the beginning of July. Every time I place details on the system it states that it’s out of date. I got in touch and a person from Lookers said to take it to a dealer for them to update and wasn’t sure if there would be a charge for it.

How long does this take and what other updates should I ask them to carry out?

Another gripe I have is that when going into the settings to make the view of the direction travelling in is always south to north to make turning left and right easier; but then when I use the Sat Nav again it’s not what I chose. Is there somewhere else I have to save or is this not possible?

Also, when the update has been completed, will there be more EV charge points be available as I have one only a few miles from me(as well as many others) but currently only gives me the choice of one 15 miles away.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

Without what version you have now, we can't say if its the most up to date.
EUR.13 or EUR.14 are this years.
Do not expect that as picked up in July that it will be latest, as maps etc are installed at point of manufacture (Korea) & are not part of the PDI.

Have heard that the Charging points on the Navigation system (supplied by Here) are not very accurate. And this applies not just to Kia.
Far better to use Zap Map or one of the other dedicated EV apps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I took delivery of an e-Niro at the beginning of July. Every time I place details on the system it states that it’s out of date. I got in touch and a person from Lookers said to take it to a dealer for them to update and wasn’t sure if there would be a charge for it.

How long does this take and what other updates should I ask them to carry out?

Another gripe I have is that when going into the settings to make the view of the direction travelling in is always south to north to make turning left and right easier; but then when I use the Sat Nav again it’s not what I chose. Is there somewhere else I have to save or is this not possible?

Also, when the update has been completed, will there be more EV charge points be available as I have one only a few miles from me(as well as many others) but currently only gives me the choice of one 15 miles away.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
You should ask for both maps and system software to be updated. The updates are actually free but Kia allows dealers to charge up to £40 for installing them. Some dealers charge others don't. In other countries you can download the official updates and do it yourself but not in the UK. There are owners groups on FB where the files can be found. The updates take about 40 minutes.

Not sure on the maps direction thing and my car's outside in a rain storm at the moment but, often on Sat Navs tapping on the 'compass' icon on the navigation screen changes the view from North Up, to 3D and navigation direction. Could be worth a try.

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
You should ask for both maps and system software to be updated. The updates are actually free but Kia allows dealers to charge up to £40 for installing them. Some dealers charge others don't. In other countries you can download the official updates and do it yourself but not in the UK. There are owners groups on FB where the files can be found. The updates take about 40 minutes.
To which note this thread... Europe is also not on the official Kia download site..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MelPotter & iooi
Thanks for your input. I was supplied the 4+ with the wrong user manuals where they probably picked up the wrong ones at Immingham as I had ones for the Hybrid model. When I got an email from Lookers Kia, they said that the update will be done FoC and I gave them all the version details from the car's Multimedia system so that they will hopefully have the correct versions when I visit the dealer.

Do you know what versions are the latest updates (i.e. the codes), just so that I don't waste my time having to go back stating that was last years' update not one that came out xx months ago.

Is there a pattern as to when they issue the updates?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Kia UK customer services on Twitter said

'We have been advised that the new software version is: S5W_L.001.001.210817'

That equates to August 17, 2021.

Apparently they usually come out in July.

My dealer said they just look on the dealers update website and it tells them the latest update to download.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kia UK customer services on Twitter said

'We have been advised that the new software version is: S5W_L.001.001.210817'

That equates to August 17, 2021.

Apparently they usually come out in July.

My dealer said they just look on the dealers update website and it tells them the latest update to download.
Many thanks for the update, my software version states after the DE_E part .S5W_L.001.001.200923 which suggests 23rd Sept last year. I assume the NAV APP will be updated at the same time?

I noted to the dealer that I have a charge point that is 2.5 miles from me in a Marston's pub car park (as well as many others nearby) but my version shows my nearest is 13 miles away even though the system states 8.5 but guess this is always "as the crow flies" until you ask the unit to start the journey which then becomes longer.

At least I know it will take around 40 minutes and the new version is only 7 weeks old.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi & Welcome.

Without what version you have now, we can't say if its the most up to date.
EUR.13 or EUR.14 are this years.
Do not expect that as picked up in July that it will be latest, as maps etc are installed at point of manufacture (Korea) & are not part of the PDI.

Have heard that the Charging points on the Navigation system (supplied by Here) are not very accurate. And this applies not just to Kia.
Far better to use Zap Map or one of the other dedicated EV apps.
My system states:
Model: DEAE.S5BLC.AEU
Software: DE_E_20.EUR.S5W_L.001.001200923
Firmware: DE_E_20.EUR.02.200720.MICOM
NAV APP: STD5W.EUR.KMC.200730.d7e51e2_20RU1
Map: EUR.12.47.52.557.402.2(D.G2/E.G3)
MKBD Software: 01.01

I use ZapMap, ABRP, PlugShare etc. plus some of the stand alone ones like Pod Point, BP Pulse
The one that annoys me is the company EV fuel card "ALL STAR" which is rubbish and worse for my colleague in the Lake District which offers no help at all unless you use the website, as the App does not show any EV charging points at all and it's not a new feature for Allstar either.

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
My system states:
Model: DEAE.S5BLC.AEU
Software: DE_E_20.EUR.S5W_L.001.001200923
Firmware: DE_E_20.EUR.02.200720.MICOM
NAV APP: STD5W.EUR.KMC.200730.d7e51e2_20RU1
Map: EUR.12.47.52.557.402.2(D.G2/E.G3)
MKBD Software: 01.01

I use ZapMap, ABRP, PlugShare etc. plus some of the stand alone ones like Pod Point, BP Pulse
The one that annoys me is the company EV fuel card "ALL STAR" which is rubbish and worse for my colleague in the Lake District which offers no help at all unless you use the website, as the App does not show any EV charging points at all and it's not a new feature for Allstar either.
Well your map is 2 generations out of date. Even updated I have no idea how good the Charging point data will be, as you are relying on a 3rd party company which will be relying on data from site owners to update them.
Far better to make sure that any of the other EV software is uptodate. Are any of them able to be updated by users so are even more real time?

Eur.14 is the latest Mapping. Had mine done yesterday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.