Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I noticed yesterday when using the sat nav that the time was wrong. It has always been set to auto and the time has always automatically changed when needed. However it now shows 1 hour later than it is, if I select manual it shows the correct time but if I switch back to auto its wrong again. Like I said its always been correct but now for some reason its wrong. Is there any reason why this can happen and how to fix it if possible?

The car is a 2012 Ceed 4 Tech.

Thanks
Philip

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check that it does not have the BST option. As new models do. They no longer auto change from BST to GMT. You have to press the button on the infotainment.
I'm not sure if I have an option like that. When I go into SYSTEM>CLOCK it has 12/24 hour format, auto or manual and an option to adjust time by - 1 and +1 hour. I currently have it on manual and its correct.

Philip

Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
Have you installed the latest version of the sat nav software? If so, this could be your problem.

I have a Sportage with Gen5 software. Since the latest update installed, the time is always out by exactly 1 hour. If you choose daylightsavings option then it鈥檚 out by two hours.

only cure at this stage for me was to turn of GPS time and set manually.

this update has caused many issues for so many people. For me the time bug is just one of them but if you have installed the latest software (or dealership has done so for you) then I would bet it鈥檚 this causing your problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts