Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

We gave a kia 3 sat nav. 2012. The bluetooth function doesn't always automatically connect the my iPhone. I have to keep manually connecting it.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi

I never had a problem with Bluetooth connections on our 2014 Venga 3 with the same head unit.
Although it was a android smartphone rather than a iPhone.

Can you try another iPhone to see if you have the same problem with that.

Is it the head unit not connecting to the phone or the phone not connecting to the head unit?

I presume that your iPhone could be newer than the Venga, if so has the head unit had any map and software updates.

If not this may be your problem. Your local dealer should only charge £25 to do this.

If you delve around the Kia web site and this Forum you should be able to find more about head unit and phone compatability.

I do know that non SatNav Venga's have been left without the ability to update their head units to enable connection to some later phones.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Try doing it the other way round. ie start the phone bluetooth first then the car then input the code to the phone. Or vice versa.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello!
I have the same problem with my 16 plate Venga 4 and my Motorola G7 Power.
The phone sees the car and the car sees the phone but they will not pair.
Tried it both ways round phone first then car, car first then phone.
Is their an update?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mr.macspot,
Tried that, I've even sent data to Motorola but still doesn't work. Tried it again last week after another firmware update on the phone still no joy.
I've looked on the connectivity centre doesn't show G7 power only shows G 3rd generation Android 6.0 mine is now running android 9.
Having said that I had a brand new Ford Galaxy on hire in September and the phone wouldn't pair with that either.

·
Super Moderator
2,401 Posts
Does it have a battery saver setting active do you?
I have found in the past that these can cause issue with many settings.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Mr.macspot,
Tried that, I've even sent data to Motorola but still doesn't work. Tried it again last week after another firmware update on the phone still no joy.
I've looked on the connectivity centre doesn't show G7 power only shows G 3rd generation Android 6.0 mine is now running android 9.
Having said that I had a brand new Ford Galaxy on hire in September and the phone wouldn't pair with that either.
I am sorry to hear that it didn't work. I can't think of anything else you can try. I have a Smasung J6 which is running Android 9 and apart form having to remake the Bluetooth link once after a car software update I haven't had any issues. The car happily connects to either my phone or the wife's, depending on who is using the car.
Do you think it might be a phone specific issue?

·
Registered
72 Posts
After another attempt from Motorola, I tried pairing in safe mode. The phone took an age to see the car, then bingo it connected.
Re-booted the phone and it still connects.
So happy bunny at last, lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts