Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had 2 Safety Recall notices arrive in the post for my 2001 2.0i petrol Sportage, The car is booked into my local dealer (Mantles Royston) for the work to be done on the 7th of December, Looks like there is a problem with the Seat belts and the Fuel pump. I will post a message next week after the work has been done. Got to give Kia some credit for doing work free of charge on a8 year old car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah, I thought id stepped back in time about 10 years when I came into work and the carpark was full of old sportage!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All went very well with the Safety Recalls, The new seat belt buckles are much longer than the old one's which make them more easy to clip to the belt, You can see them nowand do not have to fish around down the side of the seat, The fuel pump problem with the dodgy plastic nipple I will have to trust them on as I cannot see that, Also there was a 3rd Recall which I knew nothing about concerning the brakes which they sorted out at the same time.
I am very pleased with the way this was all sorted out by Kia and other manufacturers could learn a lot from this level of customer service, I am an HGV mechanic and there is nothing like this sort of care offered to any of the truck and van customers that I deal with, With most trucks costing 10 times more than my car all you get is a years basic warranty which covers not a lot.

Keep up the good work Kia as my next car will be coming from Korea as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts