Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a safety recall from Kia.
20 Reg
Replacing the master brake cylinder and fluid due to possible contaminant.

Car booked in 10 days time.

Anyone else had this or is it only newer cars?

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,416 Posts
My car is booked in for a service next week, no mention of a recall when I booked. I'll ask when they come to collect it. We've had our car since March 2020, maybe it is specific to a batch of cars.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Same here, March 2020 Sportage and no safety recall letter as yet, like mr.macspot my car is booked in with the selling dealer for its 1st service on the 10th March so will ask when I drop the car off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The recall applies to some Sportage and Ceed models. Its a replacement of the brake master cylinder, fluid and an inspection of the brake servo to see if any fluid has leaked inside. Its not that the brake fluid is contaminated, more its potentially contaminating the servo if it leaks

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,416 Posts
The recall applies to some Sportage and Ceed models. Its a replacement of the brake master cylinder, fluid and an inspection of the brake servo to see if any fluid has leaked inside. Its not that the brake fluid is contaminated, more its potentially contaminating the servo if it leaks
Thanks for the information. I'll ask about it when my dealer collects my car for servicing at the end of the week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This recall is not applicable to a 1.6t 2018- Sportage, or a 2018- Ceed 1.4t.

We checked with our Kia Dealer this morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts