Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I've received another Safety Recall
letter from Kia regarding a software error in the Smart Junction Box. It says this can cause the headlights to flicker whilst driving. Apparently my vehicle registration number falls within the specified chassis range of potentially affected vehicles. It says to contact my local Kia dealer to get this software updated.

I've been to my local Kia and after checking they told me that this software update isn't relevant to my car. However that was 2/3 weeks ago and they said they would notify Kia but I've received another letter.

Surely my car needs this update otherwise Kia wouldn't keep sending this letter to me...

I have had the flickering DRL issue but that sorted under warranty. I'm guessing this is different?

Has anybody else had this recall? The car is a 2012 Kia Ceed.

Thanks
Philip

·
Registered
Kia Ceed 2 Ecodynamics 1.6 CRDi 62 plate
203 Posts
I had my flickering lights replaced under warranty a couple of years ago. I have never received any recall letters for software or lights or anything else. I just logged onto MyKia and there are no recalls listed there for my car. In fact, I can't even find a link to check for recalls - I'm sure there used to be one, but no more. The car is rock solid - as good as new after almost 8 years and 30k miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.