Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up. I received a safety recall notification for my 2016 Sportage.

The electrical circuit within the hydraulic electronic control unit - two fuses need changing.

Just tried booking it in - but nobody is on the service desk (as usual).....

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
This is in operation on Hyundai Tucson as well.. the cars can burst into flames.. ABS/ESC control unit PCB problem ..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Booked in for next week. The letter says, basically don't leave it in a confined space - i.e Garage until the work is done.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There is the same recall on the Stinger too. I had mine done on Tuesday. Booked in for 8am and I was out before half 8. Nice and easy.

·
Registered
593 Posts
How do you know if there is a recall? I’ve checked the government site for my Sportage 69 plate but says there are no outstanding recalls on this vehicle.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I had a look on internet but couldn’t really find a lot. Only thing I’ve been told to check is government site and that says no outstanding recalls. Is there anywhere on the kia website that gives this info?
When my Sportage had a service action outstanding (the tensioner tightening recall) it was showing in the timeline (in red) when I logged into my 'my Kia' website account. Perhaps try there?

Incidentally, just having logged into my 'my Kia' account there are currently no service actions showing for my vehicle (2021 Sportage GT Line S 1.6 Diesel mHev DCT AWD).

·
Registered
43 Posts
There must be an awful lot of cars being recalled over this. I rang my dealer yesterday and was booked in this morning. They have a dedicated bay just for this recall. Very quick in and out in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Shows nothing outstanding on My Kia site! Are you getting a physical letter from your dealer?

·
Registered
593 Posts
When my Sportage had a service action outstanding (the tensioner tightening recall) it was showing in the timeline (in red) when I logged into my 'my Kia' website account. Perhaps try there?

Incidentally, just having logged into my 'my Kia' account there are currently no service actions showing for my vehicle (2021 Sportage GT Line S 1.6 Diesel mHev DCT AWD).
When I login to website now, I no longer can find the timeline. Have they removed it?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Maybe. I log into the website as opposed to the app.
Yes, app it’s vanished but just managed to get logged onto the website and the timeline is there as you said. Nothing on there about any recalls for me. Weirdly though, it asks to update the last service etc but it’s all up to date already.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Yes, app it’s vanished but just managed to get logged onto the website and the timeline is there as you said. Nothing on there about any recalls for me. Weirdly though, it asks to update the last service etc but it’s all up to date already.
Mine hasn't had a service yet. The only thing it asks me is to update my current mileage.

If there are no service actions listed in red on your timeline, then it looks like you are not part of the current recall (at the moment anyway).

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mine hasn't had a service yet. The only thing it asks me is to update my current mileage.

If there are no service actions listed in red on your timeline, then it looks like you are not part of the current recall (at the moment anyway).
No doesn’t look like it and as others have said if it’s a safety recall then it will be listed on the government website and my car shows no outstanding recalls, so looks like it’s all good luckily.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,649 Posts
Mine is the same, the service information is correct, but it is still asking for the last service to be updated. I think that is because I'm on a service plan and book direct with the dealer, not through the app.
Personally I think the My Kia app/site is poor and until Kia get start collecting service information to centralised database it will stay pointless.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Found the recall on the gov.uk site but nothing on My Kia! Have left a message with dealer to book it in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts