Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ref newbie 's questions on water loss, I am expierencing water loss on my car 2007 Sedona LS.AutomaticSo far have changed the thermostat and I am now looking at all heater pipes as the water loss only started when the rear heater controls were activted and I am now loosing approx 3Lts in 20 miles not good news ,,I have established that the radiator is not leaking and also the head gasket is ok,not much more to check I will publish findings as and when I have concluded the checks,( Local Kia garage could not find the fault!!!)

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you cant see water leaking out on to the ground and the carpets are all dry inside then it sounds like the head gasket......... is the engine oil OK? if the head gasket is allowing coolant in to a combustion chamber then it will be turned to steam and leave no trace......

you need to get the cooling system pressure tested, if coolant is leaking into one of the chambers, without the motor running it will end up in the sump, mix with the engine oil and make a mess......

Its going somewhere!!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re question "Is water in with the oil"No ,mo sign of water in oil and all of the interor of car is dry, next Monday I will have the car in workshop and on lift so we can look under neath at the same time I will pressure test the system and look for any leakes .
Will keep you posted.
Ivan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have completed inspection and pressure test today and found that the spring clips on the bottom and top hoses had broken thus not keeping any pressure ,I have now replaced them with "Jubelee clips and the leak has stopped,I have run the engine up to operating temp. and then topped up the header tank .It is now in the workshop with a tray under neith to see if any water leaks over night I dought that it willbut I shall see in the morning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ref Water Loss.As I stated I have now replaced all and I mean all of the spring clips on all pipes from front to back,
The main trouble was that the spring clip on the bottom hose to the radiator had broken in half and allowed water to escape I also found three other clips that had lost there spring so changed them all no more water leaks also replaced rear heater hose close to spare wheel as it looked a bit rough I hope that;s an end to the problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts