Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all anyone had a sedona with rusty back brakes pipes before failing a mot. i have a 2003 diesel sedona and was very shocked that mine were really rusty. i have recently motd a 2000 renault clio and it flew an mot . i think when they are changed i will get up underneath and clean and paint.my dad owns a mint 1962 vauxhall cresta pa and is rock solid underneath with totally nothing changed . how can this be .
leighton

·
Registered
189 Posts
My rear brake pipes needed replacing a few months back on it's mot (02 LX td). I've since been under underneath and undersealed the new ones along with the rear heater pipes .
Never had a car with so much plumbing underneath !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine's just in having a new bearing and hub on the front and the garage has called and said that my rear brake pipes are very corroded. It had (allegedly) a full brake check at Kwik Fit in Feb this year - surely they should have reported this! Had they mentioned it I wouldn't have spent the fortune with them that I did, just walked away and spent the money on a newer car!!

Is it an expensive job to get the brake pipes replaced? MOT's due next month :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi scarlett no the pipes about 20 quid and you can do it yourself if your mechanically minded i did mine or a garage will charge you about a 100 quid to do it cheers john.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Which brake pipes are they ? The ones that meet the rubber pipes near the rear axle are ones that normally rust due to the placement and the angle they are sat at. If the garage that did the MOT does repair work then this is the easiest thing to fail them on and only takes 30 mins max for a garage and about £1.50p worth of parts and the cost to you ? £40-50. I always take mine to an MOT place that only does MOT's and no repair work, and beleive me you do get a fair MOT there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts