Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I have the rusty roof problem combined with Kia declining this as a warranty issue (stone chips!).

My Sorento is just four years old and has developed the ever extending line of rusty "stone chips" on one of the smallest areas of the car to be hit by stones along the edge just above the windscreen. Kia seem unable to explain that even though the bonnet is made of the same material with the same paintwork and preparation the rust chips it has on this area do not appear to be rusting like the roof does.

To compound this problem, when you ring Kia UK you cannot be put through to the department that either accepts or declines your warranty claim, therefore no-one to offer reasoned arguments to.

I know that this has been covered in other posts, and a simple google search reveals the scale of this problem, but having spoken again to Kia I wish to arm myself with some information should I wish to take legal advice on this matter.

So what I would like is to try and pull together into one place all the owners that have exactly the same problem to try and encourage Kia to see some sense on this issue, in particular it would obviously be a help if anyone has had work of this nature granted under warranty. I don't know if this is a model and year specific problem, hopefully with enough responses we may just find out.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.
Darren

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't think this is year specific as it was a warning to check for this past year when buying my first,older, Sorento.

geoff

·
Super Moderator
2,675 Posts
Has the car had the annual anti-perforation inspection?

https://www.kia.com/uk/innovation/7-year-warranty/terms-and-exclusions

Customer responsibilities
Customers should regularly look closely at the sheet metal panels on the exterior body. If any stone chips or scratches in the paint or protective coating are found, they should be touched up straight away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car has got full service history including the bodywork checks. As I pointed out to Kia on the phone there is not and never has been any recommendation that localised repair work should be carried out on any stone chips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon,

I have the rusty roof problem combined with Kia declining this as a warranty issue (stone chips!).

My Sorento is just four years old and has developed the ever extending line of rusty "stone chips" on one of the smallest areas of the car to be hit by stones along the edge just above the windscreen. Kia seem unable to explain that even though the bonnet is made of the same material with the same paintwork and preparation the rust chips it has on this area do not appear to be rusting like the roof does.

To compound this problem, when you ring Kia UK you cannot be put through to the department that either accepts or declines your warranty claim, therefore no-one to offer reasoned arguments to.

I know that this has been covered in other posts, and a simple google search reveals the scale of this problem, but having spoken again to Kia I wish to arm myself with some information should I wish to take legal advice on this matter.

So what I would like is to try and pull together into one place all the owners that have exactly the same problem to try and encourage Kia to see some sense on this issue, in particular it would obviously be a help if anyone has had work of this nature granted under warranty. I don't know if this is a model and year specific problem, hopefully with enough responses we may just find out.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.
Darren
Hi Darren, we have a sorento from New 64 plate, we have complained to Kia, had the car checked by them and also had 4 Independent reports who all say it's not stone chips which is what Kia is insisting. The car has also been checked by an agent on behalf of Kia who says it's stone chips, we then took the complaint to the motor ombudsmen who took 6 to 8 months to reply to us and their judgement fell with Kia we are now in the process of complaining to them as we don't agree with their finding.
Any help with this would be appreciated,
Thanks Sue Ellis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts