Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondered if anyone could give me their thoughts on what I have been told today at Kia.

I have a three and a bit year old Ceed Estate, it has been carefully looked after waxed, polished etc. Whilst washing and waxing last week noticed a slight rust patch on the boot where the metal meets the plastic handle.

Took to Kia today for the manager to check, he had a look and said it was rust that had been caused by something hitting it such as a stone chip (which let me say would be impossible for the position it is in) which has caused the rust, apparantly corrosion under the warrenty comes from behind the paint and would NOT crack the paint in this way. That was his statement to me to be honest I was a bit bemused and didnt push it. I dont know enough about this sort of thing to challenge the more I have thought it the more I feel like he has fobbed me off.

Just wondered if anyone else had had anything similiair, I thought if the my car has rust no matter how it was caused they should fix it?

Would appreciate any advice

Thanks

·
Registered
757 Posts
Michelle256 said:
Took to Kia today for the manager to check, he had a look and said it was rust that had been caused by something hitting it such as a stone chip (which let me say would be impossible for the position it is in) which has caused the rust,
Can you link a photo?

·
Registered
163 Posts
From your explanation it seems like the plastic could have chafed the paint away, but a pic would be great to help confirm this.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Is it the same dealer you have taken it to for servicing, ie have you been there in the last 8 months or so??? Please let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
Really sorry about this but have no clue how to insert my picture will have to get some technical help tomorrow.

The garage I went to about the rust is one I used for servicing about 18 months ago. The reason i went there is my sister was having her car serviced there.

My next option was to go back to the garage we purchased it from, we had both our cars from there so may get on a bit better.

The annoyingthing about this is I have had two kias I have recommended them to my sister and father in law who hav both had two kias as well

·
Registered
437 Posts
The dealer should have known that there was a campaign and it should have been checked by them at anypoint the car was booked in. Unfortunatly the campaign has finished last month. I suggest call Kia customer service and say they did not see to it as it was their duty too if you complained specifically about the rust. This could have been sorted a while ago. Poor dealer and probably couldnt be bothered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts