Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new to this forum and my first sedona.had loads of galaxys. can anyone help i have a 2003 sedona and as rust just above the rear numberplate underneath the long handle on the tailgate .is this under the paint warranty
thankyou everyone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2003 sedona 2.9 lx and ive got exactly the same problem on mine, mine has two small patches, id also be interested to know if this comes under a warranty of some kind. Im well pleased with the car overall, its so roomy and a real pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi chris 2677 sounds like the same sedona as mine 2.9 lx very nice cars and very pleased ,although the handbrake is rubbish on mine ,just had new mot before i bought and new handbrake cables ,so i dont know what is wrong
leighton

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just bought an 2002 Sedonaand due to the factI had no option but to view it in the pouring rain I missed a small patch of surface rust underneath the number plate holder on the rear tailgate.
I'll have to give it some attention soon.
The owner's handbook talks about a 6 year anti perforation warranty so mine's outof date now anyway but sounds like it only counts if the panel has rusted right through

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys, Just bought my first Sedona and still in the get to know with no info available, an auction gamble. Talking of tailgates, is there an internal release, as won't open with key or outside handle.

many questions to follow.

Thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ken, did you find out what was causing the tailgate door catch problem. Mine has started playing up on my 02 LX Sedona, sometimes getting it to unlock takes ages and a dozen or more zaps of the locking system. Central locking will unlock all other doors except the tailgate. Can't open it with the key either directly in the tailgate lock or the central locking.
Then just as it senses I'm getting really pissed off it decides to unlock. At this stage I'm suspecting a sticky solenoid but have to make more enquiries.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, we had a 2002 SE and twice the tailgate rusted under the handle and at the edge of it. The first time the garaged just sprayed it under warranty. The second time they told me that Kia had informed them of a mod to the handle, filing the edges. The reason for the mod is that the sharp edges of the handle molding was rubbing the paint off and allowing corrosion to set in. I think you may be able to get this done under the warranty as it is a design defect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts