Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really gutted.

I have Just had my brand new Rio for over one month and now its back in the garage.

The other day was the first time that I used the boot and I noticed lots of spot rust on the tail gate (just below the rear window).

I then opened the boot up and checked around the seal and boot lid mountings and further spot rusting was found there as well.

I took the car back to the dealers and they were very surprised that there was rust anywhere.
Apparently they have never seen rust in this location on a rio or on a 1 month old Rio before.
The dealers were very apologetic and have been very good.

At the moment the car is being fixed under warranty at the dealers and I have a Picanto for a few days.

I still really like the Rio (the Picanto puts a smile on my face but
for all of the wrong reasons), its just a shame with the rust.
If I found this rust in plain view, what about places of the car I cannot see ?

I should be enjoying a nice 'honey moon' phase with my new car but instead its in the garage.

I thought id let you all know.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ask the garage to let you check the underside when it's repaired?
I have never seen rust on any modern kia, and I've seen a few.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what the garage said.
They were very apologetic and said they needed the car for 3 days to strip down and re-spray the boot.
I suspect that they do not have the facilities to re-spray at their site so I will be unable to look underneath the car.
I have been assured that the garage will check the car over though.

At the moment I have to get used to driving a little petrol 1.1l Picasso.
Its taking some getting used to a lack of torque as I keep stalling it driving away. he he

I guess I will see what problems the car had and how it was fixed.

Edited by: diddy1234

1 - 4 of 4 Posts