Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have just got a new KX2 and had the dealer fit a tow bar i have found when caravan is attached to car when i turn ignition key off the engine keeps running for about 10 seconds any body else found this problem.

Also there is no live feed from the socket when the ignition is off is this correct?.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Thats a new one was the tow bar all genuine including the plug in electrics? does thecar have LED rear lamps only problems we have seen is a local garage fitted standard twin electrics kit to a led lamped car and that was doing funny things but not engine related heard of some jap cars that run after being switched off to allow turbos to run down when they have been under excessive loads but not aware that this is on the sorento but who knows with the Koreans they change stuff and we are always the last to know ask your dealer to do a tech inquiry

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hmm only happens when caravan is attached, and runs for 10 seconds.. pretty much the same time the main engine relay stays alive for after ignition cut..
Take it back to dealer and get towbar electrics fitted properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Thanks for your replies the answer is no they are not LED back lights have been on to dealer but service manager is on holiday till next week so i have been told to get in touch next week. will keep you informed

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello
Finally got therunning on problem fixed it was one of the relay's that had gone allowing it to back feed making the engine run on after the key had been turned off.

Also it stopped the electric's having a live feed when the key was switched off. the towbar centre where the Kia dealer had it fittef says it is the second one they have had this problem with. Not very good for a 3 month old car and over £500 tow bar.

Edited by: scuber

1 - 6 of 6 Posts