Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Niro Phev 3 for 3 months now. In that time I have done just over a thousand miles but used only approx 5 litres of petrol. The majority of my trips are less that 5 miles so I have been charging regularly and driving in ev mode. My question is will this harm the petrol engine and is it good practice to run in hybrid mode every so often even if your battery is charged?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really sure if it is bad, but I think taking it for a good run on the petrol engine will not do any harm. Worry could be rust in the exhaust as it never gets hot enough to burn of moisture from short engine runs.

My main worry is making sure that you do use the brakes, rather than regen breaking all the time.

Does the PHEV have a battery reset button is the 12V battery gets flat?
Not really sure if it is bad, but I think taking it for a good run on the petrol engine will not do any harm. Worry could be rust in the exhaust as it never gets hot enough to burn of moisture from short engine runs.

My main worry is making sure that you do use the brakes, rather than regen breaking all the time.

Does the PHEV have a battery reset button is the 12V battery gets flat?
No 12 v reset button. I think it's just the hev that has that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.