Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a squeak coming from my front driver side wheel, it only happens when not breaking and going under 30 mph. it’s speed dependant, so faster when going quicker and slower when going slower. had new pads and discs a year ago and i’ve been told that they are okay. is there anything else that that it could possibly be? many thanks

·
Registered
2018 Sportage 3 1.7crdi, 2007 Picanto 1.1
218 Posts
i have a squeak coming from my front driver side wheel, it only happens when not breaking and going under 30 mph. it’s speed dependant, so faster when going quicker and slower when going slower. had new pads and discs a year ago and i’ve been told that they are okay. is there anything else that that it could possibly be? many thanks
Could be wheel bearing or brake. You will have to remove the wheel, remove the brake pads and spin the hub. Still squeaking? Wheel bearing. Stopped squeaking? , brakes. Clean up the pads and caliper slides, put copper grease on the back of the pads and replace. See if the noise had gone.

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,397 Posts
It could be a small stone or piece of grit stuck between the disc and disc guard (which is a thin piece of metal slightly wider than the disc itself and is behind the disc on the engine side). If reversing doesn't clear it then use a small wooden dowel or hammer shaft to gentle push (through the spokes of the road wheel) the disc guard away from the brake disc to allow the grit to drop out. Happens to mine especially when the roads have been gritted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts