Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my sedona today (yeah!)
just having a play around with all the buttons etc.

It has the Rosen A7 DVD thingy,
now there are no headphones, but the book says tune to 88.3 or 87.9 on the radio, but I get no sound.
I've checked its on external sound and not headphones, and also not muted, but the radio picks nothing up, just static.
Do all A7 come with a FM modulator?

I also noticed the screen went a funny colour and all fuzzy till I tapped it, is this a common fault with them?

Where are the Aux leads so I can (hopefully) plug in an old xbox?

And if I cant get the sound outa the radio, were can I get some cheapyheadphones from? dont want expensive ones cause the kids will only trash em!

Thanks

Edited by: m623d

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, not looking forward to drilling the backing plate!also do you know what the colours are on the kia harness?
should I just wire up colour for colour? surely they are standard?

Hopefully it'll be here for the weekend and I can have a play!

Just had a thought...

should I remove the rosen backing plate (rivoted to cross member) and fit new one, or just drill the rosen one?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Just drill the rosen one. The only problem I came across was the wiring for the interior lights and the door switch. All the wiring is identical, but, I think I had to swap a yellow wire with another just to get the interior lights working with the overhead switch. When you wire it up you will understand what I mean.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just starting to fit my new dvd.you said the wire colours were the same, yellow/red/black, but what about the blue? the new dvd says its for door switch, but on the old rosen dvd the dome lights didnt work, so I'm assuming the wire isnt connected. Any idea were the rosen harness goes to?
Ive found a red and black cable piggy backed into the fuse box, which I am thinking may be the power, (might be for something completely different!)
Now obviously the red/black/yellow cables are fine as the old dvd worked, its just this blue wire??
Now the fm mod lead (green) I'm guessing is just an aerial, so do I need to route it inside the roof lining towards the front of the car?

PS does the blue wire for the dome lights require an earth or 12v power to work? I'm guessing its just an earth wire??

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi, the wire from the door switches work on earth. Now like I mentioned you have arrived exactly at the same junction as you did, no matter what I tried I could not get the lights to work when the door was opened, so I settled for the interior lights working from their own switches. Have you tried the light switch thats on the dash by the rear heater switch? that controls all the rear interior light.As for the antenna wire I tried to feed it as far as I could towards the front without damaging anything.
I suppose that you have found that the loom for the dvd is quite long?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, the blue wire in the rosen loom doesnt appear to do anything, I might run the wire to one of the over door lights, just didnt want to accidently put a 12v feed down it if it needed earth! yes found the switch on the dash (do you leave this on or off?? the interior light above rearview mirror works with the doors, but I cant get any of the others to work this way, they are either on or off??)Yes the loom is VERY long, not wired it in yet, just got the mounting plate fitted before I ran out of time tonight

·
Registered
399 Posts
Erm dont put a feed down the blue wire, all kind of things happen. First of all the rosen dvd light is configured differently to the new one you have. I was quite happy in having the centre light work manually. The dash switch I use to kill the rear lights after a night trip. I fitted the new dvd with the intention of configuring the lights to work as it should at a later date (can't forsee that date!!).The dash switch controls the rear lights, if its off they dont work. Quite frankly I find the front lights adequate till I switch the interiors on, I dont think that I will bother removing the dvd again.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found a wiring diagram for the Rosen A7 and I wont be using the rosen blue wire! the other 3 are standard though. Looks like mine wasnt wired up for the dome lights, there is a separate loom on the Rosen for this and mine was unconnected. Think I will run a wire to the front courtesy light so the dome lights come on when a door is opened. Gonna run the aerial that way anyway, so 2 wires are as easy as 1 to route!.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts