Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very happy with my new Venga 3 Auto. Mileage in the upper 30's and had over 40mpg on occasions. Apart from my one irritant at the moment which is a clicking sound from the sliding roof, The sound can be stopped by flicking the open switch which I suppose relieves the closed pressure.
Has anyone experience this.
Cheers

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi yes i also suffer from creaky roof. next dry day im going to rub a little vaseline on the rubber.But thats the least of my venga s worries.
James.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply James. That may be a cheaper solution than the recommended Silicone Spray. Do I detect a note of other Venga worries?
Roy

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi Roy, yes to date i have the following niggles.

The flatspot/acceleration problem-Kia are trying to get to the bottom of this.

Rattly roof- A bit of vaseline will fix this.

Notchy gearchange especially trying to get in to reverse and 1st.-Not any better after 4000 miles.

general cabin rattles.-Compared to another venga i drove recently.

Noisy suspension.- compared to the other venga i drove recently.

Binding back brakes-Light squeal when pulling away.

10 degrees of loose play in the centre of the steering- after something went clunk.

mpg meter resetting itself randomly.- usually after stopping engine.

Only getting 50mpg max!- getting 43mpg about town, and 50 on the open road driving gently.

Isg sometimes does nt start engine back up when needing to drive away.And sometimes it kicks in even when engine is stone cold.

Engine idle speed has a mind of its own,idles at 1200rpm when at running temp etc.

So the dealership have been notified and are great! Kia on the other hand seem to be dragging their knuckles a bit. Its been 3 months!

But i do still love my car,it just needs finished off!!

cheers, James

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey James, sorry to hear of the niggles. I chose the Auto 1.6petrol, purely because of medical problems, but very happy with performance etc. I can identify with noisy and 'firm' suspension on some types of road, which I am willing to put up with as the VW SPAM I had was much the same.
I have also found the local Kia dealership to be very helpful and caring, so I hope that Kia can now do something for you, because we too love the Venga.
Best of luck!
Roy

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the sunroof rattle in roads that have rough tarmac too. There is a trembling glass sound (not very loud) but it's quite annoying. Any ideas on how to reduce this? I read the vaseline thing above but I'm not sure where I should place it....Anyone willing to help me please?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts