Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi help please
My roof rail has a long bit of rubber insert in rails at the front each side as I wanted to carry a ladder I wanted the front rail to go to the front of rails can I remove this rubber spacer to do this
thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
There is a Kia service note about modifying the roof rails to allow the cross pieces to gofurther forward for fitting of bike carriers etc, that I was told about when looking at fitting them on my Mk3 Carens.

It may be worth contadting your dealer to see what this entails and how much forward movement you would gain.

Cheers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys
Easy job to remove rubber in the rails managed to pull them out with pliers and by hand just cut the rubber off where it goes into front rail holder just to act as a seal I put a bit of silicon to seal in case drilled two hole please be carefull its only alloy and watch the paint JOB DONE its only there for the sake of the sun roof if fitted

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a scanguage II which sits just behind the steering wheel and plugs into the OBDC socket under the bottom of the dashboard. bought from www.ukobd.co.uk.Works perfectly and has saved me its cost as I had an 000ff code come up three times which according to various car forums is a "glitch" in the canbus signalling. Without the scanguage it would have been three visits to the dealer to reset the engine management light at £40 a pop!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts