Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the question, I cannot seem to get a straight answer from Halfords in regards to this however perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

The car is the 2018 KIA CEED CRDI GT-LINE S ISG 1582cc DIESEL, 5 Door HATCHBACK

The above model is the one with the Panoramic Sunroof with Tilting / Sliding Function & Automatic Electric Roll Blind.

Do we have a definable answer on whether I can fit roof bars to it at all, for a roof box?

It doesn't appear to have fix points.

The below seems to say yes:

https://www.car-roofracks.co.uk/kia...hback-(with-glass-roof)-2012-2018-normal-roof

Halfords also sell the Mk2 with normal roof and these are also Thule.

Speaking to Halfords on the phone states they don't see why not, Halfords on live chat said that they cannot fit them.

Does anyone have any experience of this of whether I can or not?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Providence,

Please see below: I have all of this fitted to my car although it is a 2017 and it does a great job carrying both my bikes. Yes I do have to opening glass roof.

Cost for all is approximately £250 but could probably source cheaper buying them separately.
Hope this helps

Thule WingBar Evo 127
Thule Rapid System 754
Fitting Kit 1693 Rapid

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Providence,

Please see below: I have all of this fitted to my car although it is a 2017 and it does a great job carrying both my bikes. Yes I do have to opening glass roof.

Cost for all is approximately £250 but could probably source cheaper buying them separately.
Hope this helps

Thule WingBar Evo 127
Thule Rapid System 754
Fitting Kit 1693 Rapid
Hi John sorry... do you mean that you put the roof bars in a KIA PROCEED with GLASS ROOF ????
Thank you. My email if you want share... [email protected]
Renato from Italy,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts