Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 66 reg Sportage with a panoramic sunroof. I have just bought a second hand roof box to fit on Halfords roof bars. I'm not intending on putting anything particularly heavy in the roof box but out of curiosity, I was just wondering what the weight limit is for the car with the glass roof?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I have a 66 reg Sportage with a panoramic sunroof. I have just bought a second hand roof box to fit on Halfords roof bars. I'm not intending on putting anything particularly heavy in the roof box but out of curiosity, I was just wondering what the weight limit is for the car with the glass roof?
I can't answer exactly.

However, the Kia UK website, shows the genuine Kia Aluminium roof bars fitted to a Sportage with the panoramic roof.

The wording states:

ROOF BARS ALUMINIUM]
F1211ADE00AL
£165.00
Roof Rail Cross Bars. Aluminium - For roof rails WITH pin hole locators. Curved design, may be necessary to use additional fixing kit when mounting some roof accessories. Available from the accessory manufacturer.
All prices include fitting and VAT
Max weight 100KG
Car Parts, Tyres & Accessories for the Kia Range | Kia UK

So, it maybe dependent on the actual bars fitted if not the genuine Kia ones.

Also, don’t forget to make sure not to exceed the vehicle’s gross weight with the roof rack/box, boot luggage/stuff , passengers, fuel etc. This will vary by model as stated in the owner handbook .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - we'll be fine then. Only putting a pushchair and light stuff in. I've had a couple of bikes on the top before no issue so should have no problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.