Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage 1.7 Diesel
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for some bars for my Sportage 3 with the exposed rails

Suggestions for ones that work with these rails. Had Thule before but they are very expensive new!

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
As above.

But I can recommend, as I got mine bars & box from, as well as a change of feet when changing car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
As you have an "Older" Sportage second hand bars for your car can be picked up quite cheaply. The main difference seems to be some have guide holes present on the inside of the rails...so worth checking your current car.
Also ensure any original bars still have their locking key, as these are near impossible to replace.

·
Registered
Sportage 1.7 Diesel
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
As you have an "Older" Sportage second hand bars for your car can be picked up quite cheaply. The main difference seems to be some have guide holes present on the inside of the rails...so worth checking your current car.
Also ensure any original bars still have their locking key, as these are near impossible to replace.
I never leave the car unattended when I use rails, so not a big problem if I can't get one. Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have bought a pair of genuine Kia ones (Mont Blanc I believe?) but as you say, there is no key with them, so I am looking for a No 47 key!!! I never leave the car unattended when I use rails, so not a big problem if I can't get one. Thanks, Mike.

I purchased this to make a replacement "key" for another member on here..
Hand Mouldable Polymorph 100g | Thermoplastic | Unlimited Uses - Crafts, DIY Repairs, Modelling, Prototypes : AmazonSmile: Home & Kitchen
it's not perfect as the number on the locking mechanism is also indented, but for the money it makes a usable key, if it stop working, just pop the plastic in hot water, and remold.
Also the locking slider on the bars themselves, worked much smoother when it was greased, and cleaned of accumulated gunk...

·
Registered
Sportage 1.7 Diesel
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I purchased this to make a replacement "key" for another member on here..
Hand Mouldable Polymorph 100g | Thermoplastic | Unlimited Uses - Crafts, DIY Repairs, Modelling, Prototypes : AmazonSmile: Home & Kitchen
it's not perfect as the number on the locking mechanism is also indented, but for the money it makes a usable key, if it stop working, just pop the plastic in hot water, and remold.
Also the locking slider on the bars themselves, worked much smoother when it was greased, and cleaned of accumulated gunk...
Brilliant thanks. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
Sportage 1.7 Diesel
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thought you had bought some?

doesn’t give a figment year though
When the seller checked, they wouldn't fit a 2012 model but he has re-advertised with exactly the same advert. The ones in the ad you have shown are square bars and do not have a key. They are also collection only. (Thanks for your help by the way).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts