Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have today become the new owner of a 03 2.9 LX manual. I have to say for a 2 ton bus I'm pleasantly surprised by the way it just gets on with it!

The question I have is this does anyone know if the roof bars detach from the actual roof rails?

I have tried to wiggle them free but did not want to damage them.

I wish to fit a roof box to the vehicle for holidays and the best way to do this is to completely remove the bars... I've looked at the Owner's Manual but it says nothing about removing them!

Regards to you all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
We had a 2003 2.9 & fitted a roof box to the original roof bars with no problems, but I am not aware of the bars (those that go across the car) actually being removable, never tried, sorry

SteveN

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, the only way I've found to remove them is to unbolt the side rails and slide them off the end.Hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply and yes I you are right. You do seem to have to remove the rail bolts.However, in the end I managed to secure my roofbox without removing the roofbars.
I just had to enlist someone with very long arms to reach inside the box and tighten the U-bolt nuts!

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts