Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supercabby in another posting recommended removing the roof bars when not in use. How are they removed? The dealer didn't know and there's nowt in the handbook.
Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's not quite as simple as you think!Yougrab the rear rail end cap (the big plastic piece) with your hands and pull it straight up, wiggling it to work it loose. Then you'll see a rubber tab sticking out the back of the rail. Pull it straight out the back then slide the bars out the rear. You will needa steady hand & good nerves but it can be done!

http://...kia-forums.../kia-carens-rondo-forum/57869-removing-rondo-rails.html= this post shows how to remove the rails completely if you so wish!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phew! No wonder the dealer didn't know or didn't want to show me! Thanks for the reply (the link didn't work by the way.) When it stops raining I'll go and give it a go. And apologies for misspeling your name!
Tim

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Couldn't find where to post this so forgive me in advanceif it's wrong. Still on the subject of roofbars... to an extent. I have a set of aluminium three tier ladders and can't successsfully lash them to the roof bars without them gliding to and fro. Does anyone know of an attachment or alteration that can be made to accomodate them?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've seen the local surfers fit "sponge" onto the bars, a bit like large paint rollers or pipe lag stuff if that makes any sense! I guess some of this attached by cable ties would help?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Supacabby said:
I've seen the local surfers fit "sponge" onto the bars, a bit like large paint rollers or pipe lag stuff if that makes any sense! I guess some of this attached by cable ties would help?
Thanks for your suggestion Supercabby, I thought you had it licked, but I'm afraid the weight of the ladders against the weight of a surfboard put paid to your idea. It lasted all of 10 minutes into my journey and I had to just place them inside the car again for safetys sake.
These roof bars are as about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. What usefull purpose can anyone put these to. (apart from surfers)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts