Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have just got myself a 16.5 foot canoe and would like to transport it on my '58 Carens. NOT GOOD ! The roof bars only slide along for a few inches but certainly not all the way to where the roof rails start. Now, I figured that out when I fixed on my roof box ( including having to buy a set of new, wider U=bolts).

TO get this sorted I rang the Benfield Kia dealer where we got the car from and was told that to increase the space by (ONLY) another 10inches I would be charged over £40?????

Has anyone had a similar problem and got it fixed?

I'd love to hear from them
, especially if it has been done under warranty agreements?

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that murphwiz, any idea which tech bulletin this might be? I have to get onto KIA and it would be nice to know what I am talking about

Thanks again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right, looks like I got it licked ! Thanks again for that murphwiz, they found that tech bulletin and YES , the whole thing goes under warranty !
Many thanks for all the help (again)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Sundowner,

I have a similiar issue with my roofbars, but I would like to fix a long Roofbox, and need the roofbars widening. Did you have any success with your Kia dealer, if so whatis the Tech bulletin numberI need toask forupon arriving at my dealer. Your comments are much appreciated.

Cheers

JP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry JP but I haven't been around for some time!
I did get sorted with the dealer but I haven't got a clue as to the bulletin number! Sorry!

·
Registered
3 Posts
SPAMleading
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Stainless Steel Newport putters

The precision milled 303 Stainless Steel Newport putters with discount SPAM clubs feature an improved high toe profile and heel and ishiner toe circular sole weights that allow for numerous length options in each model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Sundowner,

Likewise, been away for some time. Thanks for the info, will test out my local Kia dealer soon.

Regards

JP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread but I have the same issue with roof box fitting and the bars on  Carens not having enough separation - can you ask a local dealer to solve this problem as a warranty issue? Do you need a tech bulletin number or should they just know about it?

Thanks
Edited by: Dano

1 - 9 of 9 Posts