Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all, I joined today and chose the Kia Picanto forum to post all of my questions. The forum looks very healthy and full of interesting messages from a lot of members. I am finding it a little difficust to start with but I will learn I suppose. I am a first time user of the latest Picanto and I hope that you will all help me to understand it all.

I will watch for comments on my first post that I made today, about loading a stadard wheel as a spare. I do not like the limitations that a Spacer Wheel requires, e.g. 50 MPH seems a little hard!

Wish me luck.

·
Super Moderator
9,410 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

Yes you should be able to fit a std wheel in the car under the floor. But that might depend on the year. So always helpful to add which year etc in your signature or in account details. Where there is a Vehicle Details section which adds it under your user name/avatar (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Phil.
I made enquiries with my dealer (Wessex Garages, Newport, Wales) and they said a standard wheel can only be fitted in the boot but, it would have to be placed above the carpet at an angle because the well underneath the carpet was not big enough to hold a full size wheel. The service kit (including a Jack) would then be placed in the well under the carpet. I have said that I am not a fan of a Space Saver wheel so, I went ahead and ordered a full sized wheel plus a new tyre and a full service kit. It all cost me over £400 but it looks OK. I never used the boot before for anything anyway.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Thanks Phil.
I made enquiries with my dealer (Wessex Garages, Newport, Wales) and they said a standard wheel can only be fitted in the boot but, it would have to be placed above the carpet at an angle because the well underneath the carpet was not big enough to hold a full size wheel. The service kit (including a Jack) would then be placed in the well under the carpet. I have said that I am not a fan of a Space Saver wheel so, I went ahead and ordered a full sized wheel plus a new tyre and a full service kit. It all cost me over £400 but it looks OK. I never used the boot before for anything anyway.
Wow £4000 bucks now that's a kick in the pants.. didnt you consider that you could have picked up a full size wheel from a breakers along with the jacking kit for probably half of that or less.. o_O plus I am sure some of us members could have helped you with links to where you could have bought these also far cheaper.. I recently bought a spare for the wifes swift and Suzuki quoted her over £300 just for the wheel and tyre.. I ended up on ebay and bought that for a princely sum of £60 and £12 for the centre bolt to hold that in place.. sorry but I am now crying in my hands 😭

1 - 7 of 7 Posts