Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Im reading on some others forums that they have problems with rocks hitting the paint on the doors while driving.
Is this really a problem, or is it just a problem in the US?
Does someone here have that issue?
Im also reading that mud flaps won't help, only running boards.

I live in Norway, so buying running boards is expensive.
And my car arrives next week and i need to hurry up if i need to place an order.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I've been reading those threads too.

The problem doesn't seem to be widespread. Most of those affected have got the damage driving on gravel roads.

I'm slightly concerned because now the weather has got colder the roads in the UK are being gritted and I'm not sure how effective that little piece of plastic film will be at deflecting the larger lumps thrown up by the wheels.

Running boards might be next mod on the list.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer Techno.. Now i can relax alittle:)
I never drive on gravel roads so...
Im going to wait and keep an eye on the doors and plastic.
Maybe the standard mud flaps helps a little bit

Wierd that Sportage has these problems..
I owned 4 different cars and non with mudflaps or running boards. Never heard of this before.

Getting my white 1,7 Sportage, exclusive (what they call it here) next friday after waiting nearly 7 months

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Last winter I got one tiny chip just behind the plastic tape, not sure if this was grit kicked up by my wheels or kicked up from another car. I don't think you can odds getting chips.
Anyhow I had the running boards fitted only because it finishes the looks of the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi everybody, I have a set of side steps/running boards that have taken off my sportage. I live in Kent any reasonable offer will secure them. Get in touch if you are interested.Cheers Mike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts