Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Sportage about a year now a 2011 model , happy with the car apart from the terrible road noise, anyone else think the Sportage is very noisy ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
When i got my new sorento, i immediately noticed the huge upgrade in terma of road noise or noises from outside.

But i also immediately noticed the huge difference in terms of the doors weight. Sorento doors covers the whole bottom of car but sportage only cover some part at the bottom side of car.

But i read somewhere here in korea (sorry i didnt save link) that he did whole under paint coating and install additional rubber sealing in the doors. The difference was almost 20db in noise reduction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is very noisy compared to a standard saloon.

I intend to introduce some deadening pads to the insides of the doors soon to see if it helps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't have a problem with road noise on my 1.7 CDR1 but I have noticed that road noise is much quieter with Michelin tyres over Nexens. Just my experience though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the Sportage 2, i guess the large glass roof does not help, the tyres came with the car and have plenty of tread, will look at other brands when they are due to be changed it could be crap tyres !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brought my kia sportage in November last year its a 67 plate only did 6,160 miles when I picked it up, since I've had it ive notice alot of road noise which changes on different road surfaces, I'd like to think its the tyres and nothing more than that, nothing like wheel bearings especially on a 2year old car, anybody got any other explanation's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts