Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here so Hi to all. Any advice on how to reduce road noise-it is a bit intrusive. would dofferent wheels/tyres make any difference. What have people found to be the best options.

Would different tyres help with comfort as well. Poor roads (aren't they all) mean a bumpy ride.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Check your tyre pressures, our 1.4gs rides much better since (ironically)I pumped them up to about 35psi per corner! The book says 32psi I think. Still thuds through potholes though, although I blame the council for that!As for road noise, it's a quiet engine and therefore the noiseseems a little more intrusive?
Can I ask what sort of mpg are you getting? Pumping the tyres up can improve mpg too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Only got the car yesterday. Have done some research on tyres and Uniroyal Rain Expert came out well, so I have today fitted to front wheels (they needed replacing anyway). Noise is a little better and car seems a little smoother (previous tyres were a budget brand), although this may be my imagination!. Will monitor progress.

Not sure about over inflating tyres, as this would surely affect handling and safety.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts