Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am alarmed by forums claiming that The Rio Strike 1.4 Petrol is terrible for fuel consuption, some owners stating they have only been getting between 25 to 30 mpg has anyone bought a 2010 model? and if so how do rate the mpg?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a Rio Strike in February 2010 (59 plate), and to date have no complaints about MPG. Initialy the consumption was a tad high, but as the engine was still `tight` this was to be expected. I now find that my consumption is about that expected.
On a further not; I must say that the value for money is excellent, a great drive and comfortable, even thought the suspension is a bit on the hard side, but again still relatively new.

Good Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
i got my strike in march 10 (10 plate) and as above my mpg was shocking but after i have done approx 8000 miles it seems to have levelled out so to speak..... 1/4 tank now last me roughly 4 days at average milage...

also as above great car love it !!!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
But how many mpg do you get? Average mileage can vary a lot...for me 1/4 tank would not last one day and I would expect to get 100 miles out of that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in buying a Rio also but am concerned about the same thing.

I have discussed it both Kia and Hyundai agents and the feedback i received is that on our roads (which are windy and hilly) the Kia Rio (2012) 1.4ltr gets 9ltr/100km (26.1/mpg) compared to the Hyundai i20
(2012) 1.4ltr getting 7ltr/100km (33.6/mpg). That's
means you get an extra 100km per tank in the i20 (340km vs 440km).

With the amount I drive I estimated that it would cost me over £600 a year more in fuel. That seems like a significant difference to me for 2 cars effectively in the same category. I would be really interested to hear more people's first hand experience on this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts