Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at getting a set of the 'official' Kia aluminium scuff plates, but found these on Ebay, stainless steel and you get a set of four for around the price Kia charge for a pair. Easy to fit too as they have a lip that wraps over the edge.

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,121 Posts
Thanks for this IanB, my previous Skoda Fabia 1.2 htp Elegance had brilliant sill protectors so I wanted some for my 2018 Picanto GT Line. I looked at the genuine Kia items and they are £140 fitted! So I am looking at Amazon etc and I will check your link out as there is no substitute for a genuine recommendation. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I looked at getting a set of the 'official' Kia aluminium scuff plates, but found these on Ebay, stainless steel and you get a set of four for around the price Kia charge for a pair. Easy to fit too as they have a lip that wraps over the edge.

View attachment 9136
I actually just bought a genuine set for my Rio off of eBay. Cost £29.99 brand new but will need to find some time to fit them. Instructions suggest to fit them between 18-40 degrees Celsius - not sure this will be possible for a while!

·
Super Moderator
4,919 Posts
I actually just bought a genuine set for my Rio off of eBay. Cost £29.99 brand new but will need to find some time to fit them. Instructions suggest to fit them between 18-40 degrees Celsius - not sure this will be possible for a while!
Just get hair drier out and make sure you fully degrease paint. I used some isopropyl alcohol on mine & any time I'm sticking anything in the car.

Reactions: phil866

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just get hair drier out and make sure you fully degrease paint. I used some isopropyl alcohol on mine & any time I'm sticking anything in the car.
Will have to give it a shot when it stops raining and snowing! I have also thought about lining the door bins, cup holders, etc. witch adhesive felt ir something similar.

·
Super Moderator
4,919 Posts
W have also thought about lining the door bins, cup holders, etc. witch adhesive felt ir something similar.
Like the idea. Not sure about cup holders, but door bins. :geek: great idea to stop rattles.

Reactions: TIGZY
1 - 6 of 6 Posts